If you have a concern that pertains to moderation on either of those sites and would like to speak with me in private, feel free to flag a post (preferably a related one to your concern, but flagging your own post will do if that doesn't apply) using the "Other..." reason and I or one of my fellow moderators can open a private chat room for us.
My amateur radio call sign is KF7WLP.
I've been programming since I was eight, working on several projects during that time, some for fun and some for pay (which, you know, is also fun). I'm now dev lead at Haugen Applications, a company my father founded a while back in Nova Scotia, Canada.
I tend to take the "a little knowledge about a lot of things" route in computer science, but I'm a quick learner when it comes to new technologies so I find I can get the hang of fairly advanced topics in little enough time that I can pretend I know what I'm talking about. With that said, I currently have no formal training in CS so most of what I know is from experience and reading. My working rule of thumb is that I'd rather be able to go to university without student loans and for fun than do it because I'm supposed to and find myself in huge amounts of debt and at the same job when I get out.
- Stack Overflow 11.7k 11.7k 55 gold badges3434 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 6.5k 6.5k 33 gold badges1919 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 1.3k 1.3k 88 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Ask Patents 1.1k 1.1k 33 gold badges1111 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 855 855 11 gold badge66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 101 Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Current JsonReader item is not an object: StartArray. Path
- 65 HTTP Status Code for "Still Processing"
- 27 Notify me when someone forgets a chat ping
- 21 What is the fastest way to convert int to char
- 19 Is it bad for performance to select all columns?
- 19 Why do I get a JsonReaderException with this code?
- 16 What scope does a using statement have without curly braces
- View more network posts →