My company has built a patent search tool with some new and exciting functionality that could be useful.
I want to answer questions on this site using the tool, and test the tool based on feedback.
This could be very much considered guerrilla marketing, and I wanted to know if that is okay.
Here is what I would be doing:
- Find a question that my tool can answer.
- Do the necessary searches.
- Write up a quick summary of the search (IANAL).
- Provide a link to view the reports the tool has generated (they are interactive).
- Listen to the feedback and use it to improve the tool.
Any input as to whether this would be okay? I am a software engineer, not an attorney or marketing person.
Upon request, I'll answer any additional questions you have about the tool.